Independent Catering is the FRESH FOOD caterer at school offering varied menus using fresh U.K. meats, fresh salads and fresh vegetables every day from our local suppliers. Please see below a typical menu. All meals are made on site with fresh ingredients.
A cash-less payment system is operated reducing the problems of cash in the school and encouraging healthy eating. Payment can be made on-line.
Cheques must be made payable to INDEPENDENT CATERING and received in advance with the pupils names and address on the reverse. This credit balance is debited each time a pupil purchases food items from the cafeteria at breakfast, break and lunch.
An average daily spend is estimated at £3.30 per day. Main Meal and Dessert is £2.30.
sQuid – the easy way to make payments
sQuid is the online payment system used by Independent Catering which allows parents to pay for catering online. Registering is quick and easy and payments can then be made by debit card, credit card or bank transfer.
sQuid is regulated by the Financial Services Authority and is a free service with no charges for payments made by bank transfer, and a 25p charge applied to card transactions of less than £10 and some credit card companies add a small processing charge which will also be included (usually a fee of up to 2%). The Full terms and conditions can be referred to at http://www.squidcard.com/.
Each new student will be issued with details of how to set up a Squid account by Independent Catering as part of the induction day.
Top Tips for using sQuid:
- If you are having difficulty accessing the sQuid website try using a different web browser (Google Chrome works well).
- When paying for trips and activities under £10 why not top up your “purse” by a minimum of £10 to avoid the 25p administration charge. You can then allocate the relevant amount to the activity and keep the balance in your purse for future use without incurring the charge.
- When your child leaves the School you will be able to request a refund of any credit balance in your sQuid “purse” by contacting sQuid online via your account.
- Students should keep their sQuid card in a purse, wallet or bus pass holder (the card readers in the dining hall can read the card without having to remove it from the purse/ wallet and it will reduce the number of misplaced cards).
- You may wish to write your child’s name on the card in permanent marker, but please do not punch holes in the card as it will prevent the card from working.
- If your child loses the card they should report this to the catering staff in the dining hall. The card can be blocked and if found again later can be unblocked. This can also be done by parents online using the “lost/stolen card” tab on the sQuid website.
- You can also set up sQuid to send you a low balance reminder to help ensure your child always has enough credit for food without the hassle of having to check the balance frequently.
The sQuid website has a useful FAQ section and sQuid can be contacted via the “Contact us” section of your online account (to the left of the screen once you have logged in).
It is also important to know that the secure payment method is operated by Independent Catering and that the School cannot see the contents of your sQuid “purse” and will be unable to assist directly with any sQuid enquiries.
- Yoghurts, cereals, hot breakfast rolls, fresh fruit, toast, hot & cold drinks
- Freshly made sandwiches & rolls; hot filled breakfast muffins & toasties; hot filled panini breads; fresh fruit; hot & cold drinks.
- British Beef Lasagne with Fresh Salad or Green Beans and Garlic Bread
- Moroccan Style Vegetable Couscous Fresh Salad and Coleslaw
- Apple & Blackberry Pie with Custard
- Balsamic Balsamic Beef Casserole with Kentish New Potatoes, Spring Greens and Sweetcorn
- Home-Made Fisherman’s Pie with Fresh Vegetables
- Vegetable Fajitas (Corn Tortilla and Cheese) with Fresh Salad and Garlic Bread
- Homemade Creamy Rice Pudding & Mixed Fruit Jam
- Roast British Gammon with Parsley Sauce, served with Roast Potatoes & Fresh Vegetables
- Creamy Spring Vegetable Pie with Roast Potatoes & Fresh Vegetables
- Spotted Dick with Custard
- Sweet & Sour Chicken with Rice served with Fresh Salad & Prawn Crackers
- Cheese, Potato & Onion Dijon Bake served with Fresh Salad & Garlic Bread
- Plum Crumble & Custard
- Traditional Fish & Chips served with Fresh Salad & Garden Peas
- Homemade Margarita Pizza & Chips
- Home-Made Cheese Cake with Cream
In addition to the above, a freshly made selection of sandwiches, filled rolls and wraps, potted salads, self-help salad bar, fruit salads, pasta/noodle/rice dishes of the day, filled hot panini breads, home-made soup of the day, filled jacket potatoes, biscuit and cakes, hot and cold drinks are available daily.
Are you entitled to free school meals? If you or your partner get one of the following: Income Support, Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income-related Employment and Support Allowance, your son/daughter may be entitled to free school meals. Contact Revenues and Benefits for details.